Oh, SUMMER 2017! You are one of the unforgettable. Lots of things happened this year. One of those is that, I travelled to the United States of America for the first time. Like all the “first time explorers”, we got carried away by all the places we want to visit in a short period of time. It was indeed fun and crazy! Let me share to you the places I have been.
The trip to the next destination was crazier than the first. Due to lack of research before we arrived, we got lost again. We then found out that our hotel is far from the city centre – a bummer, I tell you. It was sunny and hot! We loved the weather but in a "panic-try-to-find-our-way" mode, the heat was literally in our head. Luckily, Americans are very helpful and approachable. We found our route.
Next stop, WASHINGTON D.C.!
Mega bus -> Train -> Change train -> Mini bus to Dallas Airport -> Hotel service bus
It was like a rollercoaster ride! We reached our hotel with grumbling stomach. We explored the hotel right away and found some noodles from the establishment’s mini grocery! We stayed there until the next day.
Day 1 : Whole day exploring Washington
National Air and Space Museum
National Museum of the American Indian
National Art Gallery
The White House
The Lincoln Memorial (it’s worth it to walk up all the steps)
Vietnam Veterans Nemorial
National World War II Memorial
The Washington Monument
Washington D.C. TIPS:
* Find a hotel with a good location - spend a little more money if needed on this.
* Bring good walking shoes - You will use hours to walk around the city.
* Always have some food and water with you
* Maximize your stay - Atleast 2 -3 days.
* Be prepared for the weather - June and july are crazy warm.
* Ideal for the whole family - Child friendly tourist spots.
* Museums have free admission - Plan ahead! Divide the day so you can visit all your itineraries.
Next stop, Los Angeles!
Thank you for reading. See you next week.